Monday, June 28, 2010

Hi, this is meg from trilogy wheelchair services

I love my job. But to a degree it really frustrates me.
Talking to people with so many medical issues, where most of them go to the doctor at least once a week. How do you comfort someone who knows their end is near?
Also, you can tell who is actually happy with their lives, and who are not, just by talking to them for a minute on the phone.
The ones who answer and you can tell they're smiling as they talk to you, give me hope. And they always seem to be the ones with terminal diseases.
And then, the ones who are quite obviously annoyed that you're calling them, well, they're lives are better off than some. Not perfect, but better off.

You can even tell when you talk to receptionists at doctor's offices. Which of them are happy to be there, happy to be helping people who can't help themselves, and the ones who just think everything sucks.

And if I read this much into the way they sound on the phone, it makes me wonder, which of the two am I?

No comments: