Thursday, August 5, 2010

The thoughts of mine at five in the morning.

There's something very beautiful about the city at five in the morning. The sky is just starting to lighten with a mess of blue and purple horizons. The crickets are chirping more than they do late at night. Almost as though they're giving their farewells. They have their time of angst the same way we do when its getting dark outside. There are few cars that drive by this early. I wish I was one of the people driving somewhere right now. Maybe I could stay awake for the sunrise.

I like the soundtrack of the city. Every hour has its theme and every moment has its song. I don't take nearly enough time to stop and listen to it anymore. When I was younger I used to fall asleep to the sound of the cars going by. Now its too complicated. I listen to worship music before bed. But I wonder if God would rather I listen to the beauty of His creation and praise Him for it, instead of songs that overplay and lose their spiritual value.
This morning I will enjoy His creation; a city lullaby.

No comments: