Thursday, August 5, 2010

The thoughts of mine at five thirty in the morning when I still can't sleep

Curtains are a very curious thing. We use them to block things out and to block them in. Currently mine are being used to block out the sky that is getting brighter by the minute. I wanna sleep, I mean, I do have work later. But I wanna see the sunrise. I have continuously been opening and closing my shades for fifteen minutes.
What if its an amazing sunrise and I miss it?
Meg, you're gonna be cranky all day if you don't go to sleep.
But the birds are chirping. They want me to enjoy the sunrise. I would be singing too if I saw something as beautiful as that every morning.
What if its one of those sunrises where the sky brightens, but thats about it?

I don't think my mom knew me well enough when she made these curtains.
Its a wonder they aren't broken with my constant struggle between loving God's beautiful wonders, and His other amazing creation; sleep.

My final decision? To watch the sunrise. I won't regret it, even if its one of those simple ones. It's still beautiful.

After that though, I'm closing the curtains.

No comments: