Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maybe.

Was it just me, or were we both really touchy?
You kept grabbing my hands, and my legs.
Maybe you were just doing it because I kept punching you, but even when I wasn't, and I was just playing with your hair, it seemed like you came up with any excuse to touch me.
I didn't mind, I wanted to hold your hand. When we were looking at each other with a few inches between our faces, I wanted to kiss you, just to assure myself that we'd be okay.
But we aren't now are we?
You say you still like me, you don't act like it.
You look at me like you miss me, but you don't seem like it.

I want to say I miss you, I want to hug you, I want you to know I'm still here.
Taylor thinks we need to ween off of each other, but I don't think that'd help me very much.
Maybe it'd be better for you, who knows.
But then again, you called me to hang out today, not the other way around.
I feel like you needed to talk to me about something, but couldn't bring yourself to do it.
Were you gonna say you didn't want to talk to me anymore?
Or maybe you just wanted to hang out.

"you move around too much."
"I needed to run."
"okayyy?"

Of course you didn't understand, I didn't expect you to.
I needed to run and organize all my thoughts for a minute.
you're the most confusing person I've ever met.
You kept analyzing my legs.
I know that's one of your favorite things about girls, haha, their legs.
But why were you analyzing mine?
It was kind of awkward the whole time, because I could feel you watching me. Maybe you weren't, but I felt like you were. Who knows what you were thinking when you grabbed my hands. Maybe you thought it was awkward, maybe you didn't wanna let go.
I didn't want you to let go, but at the same time, I did.

When Case called, I wanted to lean into your body. I wanted to feel safe in your arms.

"And I will rise on wings of eagles
Soaring high above all my fears
I rest in your open arms."

So maybe I'm clingy? Or just maybe I know that this was too good to let go of.
But all in the same, I'm afraid you'll get annoyed with me, and not like me anymore.
Because when I say I don't know if I'd take you back, I'm lying.
I know I would. Without hardly any hesitation.
Maybe we will go back out, maybe we won't.
Maybe you want to, maybe you don't.

"I remember when we used to laugh about nothing at all
It was better than going mad
From trying to solve all the problems we're going through
Forget 'em all
Cause on those nights we would stand and never fall
Together we faced it all"- those nights by skillet

I wish we still talked till one in the morning. I wish we could talk about stuff, instead of avoiding it. I wish we were still happy. I wish I could still make you smile. I wish we could just go back to the way we were.

I'm taking this one day way out of proportion.
I can practically guarantee you aren't thinking about any of this.
You have way too much other stuff on your mind.


"Stay up late and we'd talk all night
In the dark room lit by the TV light
Through all the hard times in my life
Those nights kept me alive" -those nights by skillet

hit rewind, just so I can live through our memories one more time.

No comments: